Paul answers these common questions on investing from his readers and listeners. You can find more articles, recommendations and resources – including three FREE “How To Invest” eBooks – at PaulMerriman.com.
2. What is the difference in the risk of each of your portfolios? Why did your portfolios do so poorly last year? (7:18-17:53)
3. Is it possible for a do-it-yourselfer to use a mechanical market timing system, or does it have to be done through a advisor? (17:54-24:34)
4. Why don’t you make DFA recommendations as you do for Vanguard? (24:35-32:29)
5. Is an annuity a good way to save to set up an account for long term care at age 85? (32:30-37:49)
6. Is there such a thing as an ultimate timing system or portfolio? (37:50-45:14)
7. Why do you recommend Dimensional Fund advisors over Vanguard and others? (45:15-1:03:40)