Following are Paul’s answers to some great investing questions. Sometimes he needs to ask a question before he can answer your question, so please include your phone number in your “Ask Paul” questions sent to email@example.com Also, keep in mind that due to the number of emails received, Paul can only answer a portion of them, and they must be of a general nature, not a personal situation.
1. I have been dollar-cost-averaging into my 401k. Should I quit putting money into stock funds and put it into money market funds until the market has gone through a big decline? 1:34
2. Is now a good time to buy a house? 14:50
3. Should we hire a Vanguard personal advisor to move our investments from Fidelity to Vanguard? 19:55
4. Why not put all of my money in the best long-term performing funds rather than owning 7 or 8 different funds? 29:30
5. How many stocks do you need in a fund to be properly diversified? 35:25
6. I am going to hire an investment manager to manage my money. Do the returns in your Ultimate Buy and Hold include a 1% investment advisor fee? 39:25
7. Are stable value funds better than bonds? 44:408. What are the risks of market timing compared to buy-and-hold? 48:45