Listen to Sound Investing on your favorite listening platforms:
In this fast-paced, fun and educational interview by Paula Pant — the self-described “writer and instigator” behind the weekly podcast, “Afford Anything” — Paul and Paula discuss:
- Meeting Vanguard founder John Bogle
- 2 Funds for Life
- What’s wrong with Target Funds?
- What’s different about investors today?
- Why should investors make more in future?
- Should you add internationals to your portfolio?
- What happens to bond portion of portfolio in 2 Funds?
- What should investors do with the market at historical highs?
- How can you know the risk you’re taking?
As Paul commented, “It was the 300th podcast of “Afford Anything” and I can see why Paula is so popular… she’s a terrific interviewer and wonderful teacher! I like how, in the beginning of the podcast, she defined some terms to be used during discussion, including an explanation of asset allocation, and provided a powerful wrap-up at the end with “5 Key Takeaways.”
Visit Paula Pants’ website for podcasts, blogs, community and her free book, Escape: https://affordanything.com/
This podcast is part of the educational offerings from The Merriman Financial Education Foundation, a registered 501(c)3. If you found value in this podcast, here are five ways to support the podcast and our foundation:
1) Leave a podcast review on your player of choice.
2) Sign up for our biweekly newsletter at PaulMerriman.com
3) Use our M1 Finance affiliate link to set up a brokerage account and use our portfolio suggestions. If you fund your account with a minimum of $1,000, our foundation will receive a one-time fee at no cost to you, which helps support our financial education projects..
4) Buy our latest book, We’re Talking Millions! 12 Simple Ways To Supercharge Your Retirement available at Amazon and other online outlets.
5) Consider making a tax-deductible donation to the Foundation to support our mission to provide financial education to investors. Thank you!