Presentation to AAII Puget Sound
MAY 15, 2013 at 7 p.m. (6:30 registration)
Financial Fitness After 50
American Association of Individual Investors
Mercer Island Community & Event Center
8236 SE 24th St., Mercer Island, WA 98040-2235
You do not need to be a member to attend; friends of Paul are welcome! There is no cost for the presentation but donations gladly accepted to cover cost of refreshments. Reservations are requested, as space is limited.
Paul Merriman, founder of Merriman, LLC, has committed his retirement to educating and empowering do-it-yourself investors. In this presentation, Mr. Merriman will share the most important investment lessons from over 50 years of investing experience. He will discuss the steps that should lead investors to making more money, with less risk and greater piece of mind. He will cover information that is important to investors who use either buy and hold or market timing strategies. Plus, he will explain how he builds his portfolios at Vanguard, Fidelity and T Rowe Price.
You will learn:
• 10 ways to make more money with less risk
• How to select the best performing funds
• 10 guarantees every investor should know
Reasons To Attend:
• Hear actionable advice from a renowned speaker who has led more than 1,000 investor workshops, hosted a weekly radio program, produces a weekly podcast and writes a weekly retirement column for Marketwatch.com.
• Mr. Merriman will discuss the benefits and challenges of both buy-and-hold and active management strategies.
• All attendees will receive a complimentary e book copies of First Time Investor: Grow and Protect Your Money, Get Smart or Get Screwed: How To Select The Best and Get The Most From Your Investment Advisor and 101 Investment Decisions Guaranteed to Change Your Financial Future.
Paul Merriman’s Biography
Founder of Merriman LLC, an investment advisory firm in Seattle, Mr. Merriman is the author of numerous books on investing: “Financial Fitness Forever,” “Live It Up Without Outliving Your Money,” and the 2012 “How To Invest” series: “First Time Investor,” “Get Smart or Get Screwed: How to Select the Best and Get the Most from Your Financial Advisor” and”101 Investment Decisions Guaranteed to Change Your Financial Future.” Paul’s weekly podcast, Sound Investing, was recognized by Money magazine as the best Money Podcast in 2008. In 2012 he started The Merriman Financial Education Foundation to help investors of all ages get the most from their retirement investments. In 2011 and 2012 his PBS Pledge Period Special, “Financial Fitness After 50” was aired in over 100 cities. Over the years, Paul has spoken at 35 of 50 AAII chapters.
The American Association of Individual Investors is a nonprofit organization is that arms individual investors with the education and tools they need to build wealth. From stock investing to financial planning and retirement funding, AAII covers all your needs.