For 10 years, Paul had a weekly “Outrage of the Week” on his Seattle radio show. He says it was never a problem finding something that made him hopping mad. In this podcast, Paul explains his recent outrage about one of America’s most trusted insurance companies giving their employees the shaft. He also answers questions from his listeners and readers at paulmerriman.com (Note to listeners: there are 12 Q&A’s mentioned on the podcast, but one was removed in order to better address it in a future Q&A).
1. As a first time investor afraid of losing money in the market, can you recommend a book to read and what can you say that will help me take the high risk of stocks?
2. Why don’t you create a portfolio of ETFs that can select from all available ETFs?
3. How can I get you to update your 401(k) for my company?
4. Now that Fideliity has lowered their fees on ETFs, should I move from Vanguard to Fidelity?
5. How can I get my company to add index funds to the 401(k) choices?
6. How about using some of the best performing REITs rather than index funds?
7. How are ETF portfolios changed as the companies change size or value/growth characteristics?
8. What do you do with proceeds from a RMD that you don’t need to live on?
9. What would you do to make my portfolio better?
10. What do you think of The Mutual Fund Store?
11. Should I use the Four Fund Solution or The Ultimate Buy and Hold Portfolio for the equities part of my portfolio?